The next day they played the regularly scheduled round of golf at Bear Dance (where I might add that I've played before at a work tournament when I worked at DR Horton in Colorado). As you can see by the pictures the course is beautiful!!
The third day they got up and prepared for what would turn out to be the rafting trip of a lifetime. Their guide and one of the guys fell out of the boat on a class 5 rapid (the highest you can commercially raft) and eventually the rapid (or rather the Big Kahuna before the rapid) knocked their boat over and all the guys swam a class 5 rapid. Having the guys tell the story is way better...but I'm the blogger, not George, so you'll have to do with my version. Sorry if I butcher it! Guys went everywhere, two were stuck under the boat! After brief periods (remember this is is a FAST class 5 rapid) of panic all the guys made it out safely and eventually were all reunited after helping pluck rafters from about 5 other boats out of the water. George said it was just mayhem...rafters, boats, oars were everywhere! I'd like to say that it was me (and the Lord) responsible for their safety as on Saturday morning I woke up saying extra prayers for the guys as my instinct was telling me something was going to happen!! :)
As crazy as that was they were crazier and 4 out of 5 of the guys played another round of golf that afternoon. They came back to the cabin, packed up, slept for 2 hours and got on the road to head back home. I was ever grateful that they were going to be home a little earlier than planned. I know George had a great time and wants to do it again next year. I think it's so important for men to get their "guy" time (just it is for the ladies). We are so thankful to have a group of solid Christian friends here to be around. They challenge us to be better parents, spouses and believers and hopefully we live our lives in a way that would do the same.
The guys at 5am! Yep I was THAT wife who took a photo...figured I was up anyway and I might as well document the trip.


1 comment:
Well told! Can't wait for next year's trip (I do plan to take out more life insurance before then, however).
Ben
Post a Comment