George took Brooke to work today so she could "help" pass out dorm welcome bags on campus as the last part of Leadership Retreat. At first I thought it was a bad idea... because she's in the middle of potty training (and being on campus for several hours may cause a set back in my hard-work!!) and because she may be a bother to everyone and slow them down (although I did send him off with the little stroller). But, now that it has been 3 hours since they left... I'm really enjoying my time with two kids instead of three. It makes me really wish she was going to be in Mother's Day Out this year. But, as with everything else around here... it's more expensive than Dallas was! Maybe next semester or next year. Trouble is even with her in MDO it still leaves me with two kids at home... thus defeating the purpose of Mother's Day OUT!! :)
So, I'm going to continue taking advantage of a 'somewhat' easier morning. Hudson & Hallie took a nap and it was amazing to have 45 minutes where I could really clean. Somehow I get a little distracted when Brooke is around.
And, I'm going to have to start putting restrictions on my computer time. I think it goes back to working full-time. I always had immediate access to emails/internet, etc. I check my email all the time ... maybe I think somehow I'll have something that is critical and must be responded to immediately as I did at Highland... so far that hasn't happened though. HA. So, starting Monday (ha ha) I'm going to try only allowing myself two "computer sessions" a day. Maybe then I won't waste so much time. Of course I guess I'll have to put time limits on the sessions too. Thank goodness I'm starting Premier again because sometimes I could just go crazy without a "job"!
3 weeks ago

1 comment:
I completely understand that! I need limits, too! HA! Glad you got some time to yourself today.
Post a Comment