Wednesday, July 28, 2010

8" to spare!

We finally made it!! Brooke has been growing her hair out to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Unlike Locks of Love they only require an 8" minimum. A friend of mine asked some people earlier this year to consider joining her in her quest to have 6 people commit to do this. It takes 6 ponytails to make one wig. I volunteered to do it (and still have quite a bit to go). When she was one person short I volunteered Brooke. Her hair was long already and I thought it was a neat learning experience for her. She's known for a while that we'd be doing this and donating it to little girls who don't have beautiful hair like hers. I don't know how much of that makes sense in a 4 year old mind...but it means a lot to me. Today was the big day to chop it all off!!

BEFORE
DURING

AFTER

All packaged up and ready to go!


2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love her adorable her 'do! What a great cause, I've thought of growing Avery's out for LOL...I didn't know there was a minimum length though. Good to know! Go Brooke :)

Cary Plunkett said...

YEAH Brooke! She looks older with that shorter hair!