SAD DAY:
Here it is 1am and I can't go to sleep quite yet even though I'm exhausted. Today is a sad day for the Jacobus family. We are officially gone from Rowlett & Northlake Baptist Church. For the last 3 weeks since we announced that we'd be moving to College Station it's been surreal. I've never really felt like we were actually moving. Even on Thursday and Friday when the movers came and boxed up our house and transplanted it to our new digs... it didn't feel real. This morning at church it didn't feel real. I left the church parking lot as I have done for the past 3 years and felt as if I'd be back in three days for Wednesday night church. It wasn't real until 7:30 tonight as we began saying our 'goodbyes' to our church family. I hated every minute of it. These people (you know who you are) have become my family. I tried as best as I could to hold in my emotions because I didn't want people to see me cry. But, that strategy was pointless. Yes, you saw me cry... but I saved the ugly cry for my alone time in the car. :)
It was SOOO hard to say goodbye. The innocence of my little girl saying " bye bye" & "see you later" kind of breaks my heart. Not like she'll remember the day we drove away from her first church...but I will. I'll remember bringing all three of my kids there for the first time and introducing them to our church family. I'll remember the ladies who rocked them all to sleep in the nursery and played with Brooke as she got older. It's hard to say goodbye in general -but it's a lot harder when you have to say goodbye to a place and people who have been there through so much of our lives.
So, to all you from Northlake --- We Love You and will miss you so much!!
HAPPY DAY:
It's Father's Day (or it was 2 hours ago)... Thank you to my dad for all he has done for me. You have taught me so much about integrity, honesty, and hard work... I love you. Thank you to George for being an awesome dad to Brooke, Hudson & Hallie. They are lucky to have you!
LONG DAY:
Driving with kids (three of them especially) can be really frustrating. Driving alone with three kids can be almost nutty!! I drove down to The Woodlands today after church by myself. After a rough start it ended up being a great drive and I pulled into my parents driveway around midnight and hadn't pulled my hair out! But, I'll be avoiding that length of a drive alone in the future as much as possible.
3 weeks ago

3 comments:
You really are crazy! I am glad you made it safely. I am sorry we missed last night, but reall y I think I would have been too sad. Send lots of pictures! I just can not believe I will not get to play with Brooke and hold the twins this Wednesday! (tear)
I'm so sorry we missed you guys last night. Aidan had about 5 minutes of naptime and needed an early bedtime, so he would not have made it. I think we would have been way too sad because it we would have had to say a real good-bye! Come back to visit soon!!!!!
Lauren, Daniel, Aidan, & Avery
I saved my ugly cry for the ladies room after you pulled away! Although, every time I drop Grace off at Lauren's house (which has been often with school being out) I have to fight back the tears when I see your house! I was sad last night when I had to sit against the wall without you last night during Marathon. We are going to have to figure out a time to visit soon...don't be surprised if Jenn and I show up at your door one day!
Love you,
Kelley
Post a Comment