Seriously... can two measly stitches be worth $190??? And insurance companies are ridiculous as well. I received two Explanation of Benefits today for myself and Hudson. Mine was from a visit to the dermatologist to get my post-baby, hormone related acne taken care of. While I was there I mentioned to them that I had this spot on my leg that had been there for years which I thought was pencil lead. Turns out it was just a collection of blood vessels -- but to find that out they decided to do a quick biopsy. Did they bother to check to see if insurance would cover that, nope, did they tell me that I'd soon be getting a bill for over $500??? NOPE.
Insurance says it was a pre-existing condition. How do they know it was there prior to coverage? I never told THEM that?? UGH.
Hudson has a goopy eye... has had it since birth. The doctor kept telling us it was no big deal and encouraged us to massage his tear duct. Last doctor visit he actually saw what we had been telling him about for months. So, he decides to take a culture and run pathology labs on it just to be sure it's nothing. Did we know we'd be getting a bill for almost $150? NOPE.
Insurance says it was a pre-existing condition. He's 3 months old... seriously, pre-existing since when??! UGH.
So, guess what my Wednesday morning will be all about?? Fighting these claims and the big bad world of Blue Cross Blue Shield! UGH.
3 weeks ago

3 comments:
Been there...gotta love insurance! UGH! We would love to see y'all very soon!
Hey Lindsay!! I happened to be reading someone's blog (can't remember who right now) and found a link to yours!
The kiddos are so cute and getting so big already.
Oh and don't get me started on insurance. Cody just had to have all these allergy tests that they said he needed and just yesterday we got a bill for $333! The sad part is, they didn't figure anything out with these tests!
Ashley (Hord)
YUCK! Doctors stink!!
Post a Comment