We went to the Fall Festival again this year at our church. Unfortunately (to only me) we didn't get a photo in front of the fall festival photo op station... seriously I was pretty bummed. This year the festival for us was just crazy and we didn't do as much as we normally do. Partly due to the crowd and partly due to the socializing along the way.
But the kids loved the inflatables.
Hallie didn't want to do this obstacle course so she just hung out with me waiting.
They had a roping area and Brooke was really adamant about wanting to try it out... it's only fitting for a cowgirl to get her turn roping the cattle. :)
The kids didn't get near enough candy (okay... well they probably did...but not if they were going to share with mom and dad, haha) so we went trick or treating too. We hadn't planned on doing this so we crashed a party of some friends of ours who were in a neighborhood that was pretty kid friendly. I am happy to report that their candy loot was a success and I've been enjoying it ever since. I even rigged a box for Hudson to carry around as his bag... every delivery man needs to have packages, right?
Brooke LOVED IT! She literally ran from house to house and it was pretty exciting to see her "get it". At one point she tripped in the grass and George and friend went over to help her up thinking she'd be upset and/or hurt... but she just said "I'm okay.." and got back up and RAN to the next house. It was so fun to watch her excitement.
When we got home I wanted to take a family shot... but seeing as we had no photographer and pulling out the tripod at that hour would have been ridiculous we didn't get the shot I'd hoped for... oh well.
As you can see... Minnie lost her ears in all the excitement of trick or treating. I was probably more upset than she was. I HATE loosing things... really I do. It eats me up. I went up and down the streets in the dark with no flashlight looking for that darn thing... and nothing. :( Next year I have got to remember... NO removable parts, hats, headbands, etc. With 3 kids it's a little much to keep track of.


1 comment:
SO cute!! I love Brooke's costume...I had considered doing Jesse this year for Avery! And the UPS man is hilarious! Sorry you lost Hallie's ears, I am exactly like you and HATE losing things...I obsess over it! Glad y'all had a fun Halloween :)
Post a Comment