Thursday, March 4, 2010

the lost, the broken, the new & the found....

Around Thanksgiving I discovered that our small & handy pocket camera was missing. I knew it was in the house SOMEWHERE because the last event's pictures were already loaded up on the computer. It bugged me so bad because I love having it in my purse for those times when I want to take pictures but don't want to haul our big camera around. Thankfully we still had our nice Canon camera ... that is until it began to fall apart. It all started when our nice long lens stopped working - just one day it randomly stopped clicking into place and wouldn't take pictures. Annoying step #1. Then my sweet, precious, darling children dropped the camera on it's face and the other lens got shoved and wedged in so that focusing was no longer an option. I took it in to see about having it repaired and found out that it basically would cost more to fix each lens than they were actually worth. Annoying step #2. My bright idea of using our old lens from the film SLR camera worked great... that is until Christmas when the camera itself stopped working! So here we were at Christmas with out a camera... at all!!! Annoying step #3. Our Christmas morning pictures were taken with a disposable camera... it was RIDICULOUS! And of course the camera had to break so close to Christmas that it couldn't end up on either of our 'wish' lists.

Enter February 2010. Still - no camera to be found anywhere... and still without a new one. My parents graciously allowed us to use their small pocket camera until we were able to buy a new one or find the missing one! A few weeks ago we moved the twins into beds instead of their crib. We were needing a matress so until we buy a new one we decided to use the matress from Brooke's trundle bed. And low and behold what do we find when we pull out the matress? Yep... our small camera. There it had been hiding for 3 1/2 months. Had we bought a matress instead we would never have found that - that is until we either (a) move or (b) have Brooke's first slumber party... that could have been forever!! How excited I was - and how many pictures I took!!! Only to find that my computer now doesn't recognize it when it's plugged into the computer since it has adapted to my parents camera (and THAT was an ordeal to get that to happen the first time I plugged that one in). Oh isn't technology fantastic???!!!

And now...on to the NEW!!! George being a great hubby bought me a new camera for my birthday using our credit card points that we've been storing away for "something"... we finally know what that "something" is. So, as soon as my computer will recognize the port the memory card is inserted into and the USB port for camera number 2 - I'll upload pictures from the following... 1. Hudson & Hallie's new room 2. Hudson & Hallie's 2nd birthday 3. Brooke singing the Aggie War Hymn and 4. SNOW in College Station!!! ***to those interested...we will NEVER allow the kids to touch this new one!!! :) ***

Now only one more "Lost" item in this house......... the most expensive of them all - my charm bracelet I started in 4th grade. Oh yes, the one FULL of James Avery charms at $30-40 a pop. I'm beginning to loose hope that I'll ever find it. My imagination has gotten to me that maybe it ended up in the trash or flushed down a toilet by the aforementioned sweet, precious, darling children. But, I'm begging God that isn't the case. And to those friends of mine who I see out and about wearing their charm bracelets... yes, those probably are tears welling up in my eyes as I think about what may have been. Pray with me that it will be found???!!???

No comments: