Saturday, September 5, 2009

Aggie Football!!

College football started this weekend and the Jacobus family is super excited about that!! We live so close to Kyle Field now that during games we can hear the stadium announcer & the crowd roar. It's so cool! Today we had a tailgate party for the college ministry at Spence Park. I walked with the kids in the wagon to meet up with George. The kids did really well and had a good time seeing all the sights. Hallie HATED the Aggie Band & later on the Corps guys lining Houston St. (I must say, a part of me was slightly happy about that -- maybe she got more of my Burnt Orange blood than the other kids!). It was so funny but after the band marched through every guy Brooke saw in a Corps uniform she referred to as "bands"... "look Mommy, more bands!!" It was so funny (and she saw a ton of them!) Eventhough I'm a Longhorn through & through I love the atmosphere here on game day!

Hallie sitting on someone's hunting chair
Keeping cool with ice cubes (Thanks SEB!)

The family (too bad half my face is hidden by the shade from my hat!)
Brooke loved the Corps guys, Hudson was interested in the chips & Hallie wanted NO part of this shot!!


4 comments:

katie newton said...

Everyone looks so cute! :) I love the "bands" comment! :)

Tiffany said...

What a sweet family photo! You're such a good sport to get decked out in Aggie apparel.
Poor Hallie. Addi hated the band too.

Ashley said...

Love the new Aggie shirts! And Lindsay, you look great in maroon! :) We missed y'all!

Linda/Oma said...

At the point Audrey doesn't appreciate the fighting Texas Aggie Band either, but I'm hoping that will change by the time she is 4 next year. However, Paxton likes it --- he seems to like any type of loud sounds --- music, vaccum cleaner, tools, etc. -Linda