Monday, June 22, 2009

Living Room - Before & After

Well, slowly but surely we are getting more and more settled into the new house. I have been dying to get pictures up so that everyone who cares can see what we've been up to. But it's taken forever to get settled enough to actually be "done" with a room enough to take a picture. So, the living room is the first room that is basically done. As you'll see in the 'after' pictures there are a few finishing touches that remain. (THE BEFORE pictures are first!! And they are taken with the college guy's things - not ours)

From the backdoor looking in (the open area on the left is the dining/kitchen)
From the dining/kitchen looking in

AFTER

This is the back wall (opposite the fireplace). I'm still not sure what I'm going to put in the blank area on the wall. I have some kids pictures but was trying to limit them to the hallway. So, I've thought about floating shelves, or a large horizontal art piece, etc. Suggestions welcome.... :)

From the kitchen/dining looking in (I'm still going to get some window coverings - probably long panels on either side of the 2 windows)

From the back door looking in.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

wow Lindsay, it is looking GREAT!!

Jesse and Dori said...

It looks like you guys are working hard! It looks so pretty!
Dori